Indy Water Solutions specializes in the installation, service and repairs of all types of sewage lift stations and well water pumping systems. We pride ourselves on knowledge about sewage and water. We understand that you may need help with your sewage system in Indiana. We’re here for you. To let you know that we know a little something about sewage, we’re going to focus on sewage pollution facts in this blog post. Are you ready – let’s go?
Did you know that?
1) Over 73 different kinds of pesticides have been found in US groundwater. They eventually end up in our drinking water unless it’s adequately filtered.
2) Septic systems are failing all over the country, causing untreated waste materials to flow freely into streams, rivers and lakes.
3) Over 1.2 trillion gallons of untreated sewage, groundwater and industrial waste are discharged into US waters annually from households, industries and restaurants.
4) Pollution of surface water is a problem for over half of the world’s population. Every year, there are 250 documented cases of water-borne diseases. We don’t know how many more go undocumented. Roughly 5 to 10 million people die of these diseases.
5) The world water pollution and sanitation crisis claims more lives through disease than any war can claim through the use of weapons.
6) Fresh water in the world is only 2.5% of the total available water on the planet. You can make sure you drink fresh water by using a water filter.
7) 14 billion pounds of garbage, which is mostly comprised of plastic, is dumped into the ocean every year. This affects sea life. If you eat seafood, this can indirectly affect you too.
8) According to a survey done by Food & Water Watch, approximately 3.5 billion people in 2025 will face water shortage issues. This will be mainly due to water pollution including sewage water.
9) About 700 million people worldwide drink contaminated water.
10) Over 30 billion tons of urban sewage is discharged into lakes, rivers and oceans each year.
11) Two million tons of human waste is disposed into water daily.
12) Reports by UNESCO suggest that 27% of the worldwide urban population do not have piped water in their homes.
These twelve facts about water pollution are frightening. That’s why we encourage you to care about sewage. Many of these facts relate to the United States, which is frightening. Some affect other parts of the world. In Indiana, you don’t have to suffer with poor drinking water or sewage problems. Indy Water Solutions can help. If you need to get more information about sewage, please give us a call at 317-834-4730.
(Note: For more facts, see – http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/water-pollution-facts.html and http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/various-water-pollution-facts.php.)